Friday, May 13, 2011

The Little White Dress

A friend and I have recently decided to take our patriotism to the next level. We’re going to travel to the Capitol for the Fourth of July festivities. I mean, what could be better than celebrating the independence of our nation with a bunch of like-minded patriots? Thus I arrive at my current dilemma: finding the perfect outfit to commemorate the big day.

I have a vision in my head of what this outfit will entail: I’ll have the most delightful white sundress that cinches at the waist, with a charming red ribbon tied around my waist. I’ll have a blue cardigan and the perfect summertime wedges to pull it all together. Sounds easy enough, right?
Wrong. I’ve been looking up white dresses for two days now, and I have yet to find one that will work. Here are a few examples:

There’s a beautiful dress by Kate Spade (the Jillian Bow Front Dress, $375 http://tinyurl.com/3rv4xru), but it’s far too dressy for the occasion. (However, it would make for a great birthday present from my father; hint ,hint!)
BCBG makes a great white dress (Sleeveless Pleated Banded Waist, $138 http://tinyurl.com/3d5q9mc), but it isn’t conducive to having a ribbon tied around its waist.

Jack Wills’ Larkhill Dress ($89, http://tinyurl.com/44lryqj) is darling, but it might be a little too short for a day spent outside.
So here I am, having searched through every site from Lilly Pulitzer to Lulu’s to no avail. However, I’m quiet determined to find this dress. After all, this is meant to honor the greatest nation on Earth.
 To be continued…

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing place for the Fourth, if you have lots of patience there is no better spot to be. Good luck on the hunt for a dress!
    tp

    ReplyDelete